- This event has passed.
September 15, 2021 @ 9:00 am – September 17, 2021 @ 3:30 pm
Leveled Literacy Intervention in Grades K-2
Support readers and writers to make accelerated and sustained progress in reading and writing.
In this 6-day training, learn how to teach small-group, supplementary literacy intervention to boost literacy for students in grades K–2 who need additional teaching support.
- Classroom Teachers, Interventionists & Specialists
- Literacy Collaborative Affiliation Discount available
- Additional fees for graduate credit
Looking for Leveled Literacy Intervention in Grades 3-12? Click here.
Gain an understanding of the Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) system and how you can use it to improve students’ literacy and learning.
Given the circumstances of schooling this past year, many students have been vulnerable to a lack of instructional opportunity and demonstrate evidence of learning loss. A strong professional development plan for teachers to provide proven intervention support for these students is needed.
This 6-day virtual training is designed for teachers who are using Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI), a research based program that has strong evidence in improving outcomes for a wide range of students in need of extra literacy support. Using high quality books, writing about reading, and explicit systematic phonics, teachers learn how to support students in making accelerated reading progress to reach grade level goals.
In this training, you’ll learn how to use LLI for students in grades K–2.
- Support with remote learning
- Assessing and grouping students
- Using leveled texts
- Supporting English language learners
- Coding, scoring, and analyzing reading behaviors
- Teaching and reinforcing reading and writing strategies
- Supporting writing development
- Teaching phonemic awareness and phonics
- Considerations for effective and efficient teaching, in-person and in virtual contexts
You’ll earn 36 professional development hours upon completion of this training, or you may take it for 3 graduate credits.
Looking for Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) in Grades 3-12? Click here.
You must be able to have access to the LLI Primary Systems (Text Levels A–N/Orange, Green, or Blue) and be able to use these materials to teach students as best as your teaching situation allows during this time.
You must have access to:
- LLI System Guide (2nd Edition) or LLI Program Guide (1st Edition) in one grade level (Orange, Green, or Blue)
- When Reader’s Struggle: Teaching That Works, by Irene Fountas & Gay Su Pinnell
- The Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Continuum, Expanded Edition
- LLI online resources to the corresponding grade level
To learn more or purchase the LLI Primary Systems (Orange, Green, or Blue), click here.
Email us at CRRLC@lesley.edu if you do not have access to all of these materials.
Cancellation Deadline & Refund Policies
You must cancel in writing two weeks before the start of the course to get a refund, minus a $50 processing fee. Email CRRLC@lesley.edu to cancel. If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute at any time. Regardless of weather conditions, if the event is held but you cannot attend, you will be billed for the full amount.
Registration Deadline & Shipping Policies
The registration portal closes two business days before the first day of training to allow the minimum amount of time to ship additional training materials.
If you register within two weeks before the registration portal closes, you may incur additional fees for expedited shipping. You may still experience delays in receiving your materials.
Requirements for Participation
After the training, you will receive a certificate of attendance for your participation. To receive a complete certificate, participation during the specified times is required. Additional work may be assigned to meet the professional development hours.
Graduate Credit Option
With additional assignments and fees, this course can be taken for 3 or 6 graduate credits. Contact CRRLC@lesley.edu to register for credit.
- $3,940 ($1,950 + $650/credit + $40 registration fee) + required LLI system
- Course number: EEDUC 6161
With Your Colleagues Option
We can deliver the Leveled Literacy Intervention (K-2) training to your school/district. This option can be delivered virtually or in-person for a group within your school/district (as COVID-19 social distancing guidelines allow).
Fees & Policies
- Fees are determined by the number of participants and the duration of training.
- If applicable, travel expenses for each trainer (airfare, hotel, meals, and rental car) are an additional cost to be paid by the district.
- Professional development sessions that require extensive travel or overnight stays (if applicable) may incur an additional surcharge.
- If the number of participants exceeds the maximum, another trainer may be needed. This will increase training costs and travel expenses.
- Unless otherwise noted, fees do not include the cost of any required books or materials. The faculty trainer will consult with the district to select books based on the topics and the district’s needs.
- School districts in the same geographic area participating in the same training may combine their resources to meet participant minimums. Payment must be on one district’s purchase order.
For detailed costs, complete our online form to request this training for your school/district and we will contact you.
Interested in professional learning at your school or district? Schedule a meeting with one of our faculty trainers.
“I really enjoyed this training. I feel much better prepared to implement LLI with complete fidelity.”Jessica Tsantes, Reading Teacher, Valley Central School District in New York