December 31, 2025 @ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Customized Literacy Professional Learning
Our expertise, tailor-made for you.
We offer a variety of professional learning options to support your school or district needs.
Our Center faculty will partner with you to design customized professional learning, workshops, and other job-embedded learning opportunities for educators, facilitated in-person or virtually.
We work with groups of classroom teachers, literacy coaches, interventionists, and administrators.
- Classroom Teachers, Interventionists, & Specialists
- Literacy Coaches & Teacher Leaders
- District & School Leaders
- Others in your school or district
We offer tailor made packages for short-term and long-term learning that include, but are not limited to:
- Multi-day professional learning series
- Full-day and half-day professional learning sessions
- Job-embedded coaching
- Data analysis and creating a vision and plan for literacy teaching and learning
- Consultations for problem-solving
- Implementation audits
- Support for coaches and teacher leaders
Professional learning can be delivered in-person at your school or virtually.
All packages include an initial planning call with Lesley University, debrief meeting for future planning, and a summary report of evaluations.
Our ultimate goal is to work with you to design a customized solution that suits your specific needs.
Alternatively, we can deliver any of our regular trainings in your school district.
Classroom Teachers, Interventionists, and Specialists
- Word Study—Teaching Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling: A 5-day graduate course for teachers on the role that phonics, phonological awareness, vocabulary, spelling, and word study play in learning to read and write in grades K-3 or grades 3-8.
- Introduction to Fountas & Pinnell Classroom™: This 2-day professional learning introduces the system of teaching students that creates authentic experiences in reading, thinking, talking, writing, and reflecting and is customized to meet the needs of your school in grades PreK-6.
- Introduction to Writing Minilessons: A 2-day professional learning where you’ll learn how to create and facilitate writers’ workshop to create a community of active, engaged writers, grades K-5.
- Introduction to Reading Minilessons: A 2-day professional learning where you’ll learn how to develop students’ deep knowledge of literacy concepts through reading minilessons, grades K-6.
- Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) Training: In this 6-day institute, learn how to give small-group, supplementary literacy intervention to boost literacy for the lowest-achieving students in grades K-2 or grades 3-8.
- Benchmark Assessment Systems 1 & 2 Seminar: A 2-day literacy assessment course for groups of grades K-2 or grades 3-8 teachers.
- The Literacy Continuum Institute: A 4-day institute for teachers where you’ll learn how to use The Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Continuum as a resource to teach reading and writing in grades K-2 or grades 3-8.
- Guided Reading: Responsive Teaching: A 5-day graduate course for teachers and literacy educators on how to plan and teach effective Guided Reading lessons in grades K-2 or grades 3-8.
- Literacy Beginnings—A Pre-Kindergarten Institute to Guide Teaching: A 3 to 4-day institute on literacy teaching for pre-kindergarten and kindergarten teachers.
- When Readers Struggle—Teaching that Works: A 3-day professional learning event for teachers who work with young students who find reading and writing difficult.
Literacy Coaches and Teacher Leaders
- Effective Literacy Coaching: A 10-day institute that will help you understand your role as a literacy coach and prepare you to coach teachers at your school.
- Teacher Leaders for Literacy: A 10-day institute for teacher leaders and coaches who want to expand their knowledge on reading and writing instruction to help their colleagues.
District and School Leaders
- Leading for Literacy: A 4-day institute for school principals, administrators, and school leaders on supporting literacy teaching in grades K-6.
- Literacy Leadership Team Institute: An institute for school leadership teams.
We can design customized literacy professional development solutions for your school or school district.
“It was an amazing week having the trainer with us! Thank you so much for your hard work and the great conversations you had with the teachers. I am so excited; I feel that the teachers have a clear direction and are energized to dig in!”-Lisa F., Principal, Thousand Islands Central School District, Clayton, NY
“It will help me paint a clearer picture of my students’ reading needs. The trainer is very down to earth and knowledgeable. Her expertise has helped us a great amount this year.”-Ashley S., Classroom Teacher, Old Rochester School District, Marion, MA
“I thought the presentation was great. We had time to listen to the presenter, look at the material independently, and talk with our team. I enjoyed hearing the trainer’s suggestions and loved her easy-going nature.”-Meghan H., Classroom Teacher, Chelmsford Public Schools, Chelmsford, MA