March 22, 2021 @ 9:00 am – May 16, 2021 @ 3:30 pm
Building Capacity through Continuous Professional Learning
Expand opportunities for professional learning in your school.
In this 8-week online graduate course, learn how to create a healthy culture of professional learning in your school.
- District & School Leaders
- Literacy Coaches & Teacher Leaders
- Classroom Teachers, Interventionists, & Specialists
- Course Number: EEDUC 6405.80
- Fees are subject to change
This online course is for literacy coaches, teacher leaders, and administrators who want to understand how to work with their colleagues to promote a healthy professional learning culture. You will develop expertise in how to design a variety of professional learning opportunities to meet the needs of your colleagues and strengthen the literacy goals of your school/district.
By enrolling in an online graduate course, you have the flexibility to learn at your own pace with the support of a virtual community and have access to a variety of educational resources and materials at your convenience.
- Build knowledge of the elements of school culture that promote ongoing professional learning
- Discuss how to support adult learners
- Compare models of professional learning
- Design professional learning opportunities that support identified learning goals
- Use a variety of artifacts to support inquiry
- Build a repertoire of language that extends thinking and fosters discussion and reflection
- Develop a topic guide and evaluation focused on an identified adult learning goal for your school
You must have access to a school environment to participate and complete the assignments. This course cannot replace EEDUC 7130 or EEDUC 7103.
You are responsible for purchasing/having access to the following professional texts for this course:
- Weaver, L. & Wilding, M. (2013). The 5 dimensions of engaged teaching: A practical guide for educators. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
- Dufour, R. & Fullan, M. (2011). Cultures built to last: Systemic PLCs at work. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree Press.
This option must be taken for 3 graduate credits. Take the course individually or as a required course in our 12-credit Online Graduate Certificate in Literacy Coaching and Teacher Leadership.