- This event has passed.
November 2 @ 9:00 am – December 23 @ 3:30 pm
Acquiring Coaching and Teacher Leadership Expertise
Develop your skills and use of language to support the literacy work of colleagues through coaching and facilitating professional learning.
In this 8-week online graduate course, you’ll better understand your role as a literacy coach or teacher leader in a school.
- Literacy Coaches & Teacher Leaders
- Course Number: EEDUC 6403.80
- Fees are subject to change
This online course will help you develop communication and facilitation skills to work with teachers to strengthen professional capacity.
By enrolling in an online graduate course, you have the flexibility to learn at your own pace with the support of a virtual community and have access to a variety of educational resources and materials at your convenience.
- Identify ways in which a healthy, professional learning community for adult learners supports an effective culture for coaching and teacher leadership
- Examine the coach’s/teacher leader’s partnership with school administrators to support teacher development.
- Support teachers as they reflect on their teaching and student learning.
- Plan for effective coaching sessions with teachers: pre-lesson conference, classroom visit, post-conference/coaching session.
- Develop a system for notetaking and recording that documents teacher development
- Use language that opens conversation and promotes the analysis of teaching and its effects on learning.
- Develop collaborative and trusting relationships with colleagues
- Use professional resources effectively in professional learning conversations
You must have access to a school environment to participate and complete the assignments.
This option must be taken for 3 graduate credits. Take the course individually or as a required course in our 12-credit Online Graduate Certificate in Literacy Coaching and Teacher Leadership.